Written by Winnie Awa, CEO & Co-Founder of Antidote street, a new and exciting online retailer for black hair and grooming products, offering the best products, advice with fast delivery!
Do you know how to Aftercare?
What a question right? A fair one nonetheless. Leillah, founder of NoScrunchie and I have discussed the importance of Aftercare for such a long time, so when she asked us to do a post on NoScrunchie, it made sense to start here…
So let’s paint a picture. You go to the salon, hair is looking 100% fly as hell but actually after one night, the style is gone? If you are anything like me, you are thinking, ‘I paid top dollar for this!!!’ (…sorry I mean top pound btw).
Many women often ask us about how to maintain their hair whilst it’s in braids or weave or in between the two. A dear friend even has a phobia of encountering her hair wet.
We believe that these hair challenges are as a result of two things – lack of access to the right products and education. When we started Antidote street, we wanted to revolutionise access and change up the status quo to solve these two challenges. Antidote street is for every woman or man who has ever had to search high and low for that ‘IT’ products for their unique beauty needs.
- We ship the best (and hard to come by) products quickly, anywhere and everywhere in the world
- We offer starter kits if you are unsure of where to start
- We offer a wide range of samples (starting from £1 with free delivery) so that our customers can try before they commit
- We care and listen to our customers
We also use our vibrant blog as a resourceful tool for education. Check out our tips for after care below:
- In Braids? Check out tips from NoScrunchie’s own mobile hairdressers, Chita Mumba: https://antidotestreet.com/blog/braid-with-care/
- Just got your hair relaxed? Check out Healthy Afro Hair’s tips: https://antidotestreet.com/blog/top-10-hair-care-tips-for-relaxed-hair/
- General tips for caring for your hair? Check out video from the founder of Jessicurl: https://antidotestreet.com/blog/hair-care-qa-with-jess-of-jessicurl/
Finally, be sure to work with your stylists. Engage them and ask questions about what they are using and why they are using it on your hair.
Wishing you all the best and do let us know if you have any questions along the way!
P.S. If you are a stylist, we want to work with you. Get in touch.
P.P.S. Hearing about antidote street for the first time? Here’s an introductory discount SCRUNCHIE15 for your first purchase
*Discount code lasts till 30th June 2015